Friday, September 12, 2008

Hurricane Ike

I am from the gulf coast and don't live far from the coast now, so I have seen many storms in my days. I am not sure if any have been as frightening this far away from landfall as Ike is to me right now. The flooding that is already being seen in the Galveston area is incredible and scary for many reasons. I think the main reason is that in order to see this early severe flooding means Ike is pushing an unimaginable volume of water toward the Galveston area very quickly. It would be breathtaking if it was possible for us to actually view the tsunami-like wall of water that is directly in front of this storm. I really hope people heeded the evacuation orders early because there is no doubt anyone who did not get off of Galveston island are in grave danger. My biggest concern is that the magnitude of flooding we are seeing right now was not expected to arrive until much later by most citizens and they had a false sense that they had much longer to evacuate than they actually did.

If you are a Directv subscriber, you can watch live news from Channel 11 in Houston on Directv channel 361. Sphere: Related Content

No comments: