Thursday, August 14, 2008

Nick Saban Named "Most Powerful Coach In Sports" by Forbes Magazine

The newest issue of Forbes Magazine to hit newsstands tomorrow will feature Nick Saban, head coach of the University of Alabama football team, on the cover with the title "Most Powerful Coach In Sports." I have already admitted that I am an Auburn fan, so let there be no mistake as to where my bias lies, but do you need a bias to see that there may be some problems with this wonderful, FREE publicity that is going to be seen by every football recruit in the nation? I think not. I understand that the magazine has a right to publish whatever they want and if they wanted to proclaim Lou Holtz as the greatest ESPN commentator to ever live, then they could do so, but Lou Holtz is not an active NCAA head coach......I will say that I'm not sure he can be ruled out as some sort of a recruiting tool for Notre Dame based on his blatant biased on-air comments, whether it is a positive or negative tool will be up to you to decide. I still haven't made my final decision on this article yet, but you can read The Birmingham News article from today and decide for yourself - AL.com Sphere: Related Content

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

ROLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL TIDE